How to Wear AirPods Pro Properly, so They Don’t Fall Out
The AirPods Pro is one of Apple’s many sophisticated accessories. They come with impressive features and cost $249. Now, imagine $249 falling off your ears. Quite unsightly. To prevent this from happening, you should know how to wear the AirPods Pro properly.
Apple launched the AirPods Pro on October 30, 2019, and it came with a lot of outstanding features that impressed people.
For one, it can block out ambient noise. And if you want to listen to some music while you’re out, you can program it to allow sounds to filter in.
This way, you can hear when a vehicle honks or someone calls your name.
Asides the noise cancellation feature and transparency mode, the design is attractive—a total rebirth from its predecessor AirPods.
With all the super ingredients packed in making the AirPods a dream, it has its Kryptonite.
It could fall off like a spec, and you might unfortunately not know, when, where or how.
If your AirPods Pro keeps falling out, it can get frustrating. It usually spans from the tips of the pods not being one’s perfect fit.
There’s an easy fix for loose-fitting AirPods.
How to wear AirPods Pro properly
The most important part of the AirPods Pro is the silicone tips that come with them.
The tips hold a lot of the upgrades that make the Pro version better than the AirPods.
One way to properly experience the features is if you have them on correctly.
Apple encourages that you experiment with different-sized tips to get your fit.
This way, you get the one that’s your size, and they never come off.
Here’s how to wear AirPods Pro correctly;
1. Flip the silicone tips and check for a letter.
This letter indicates the size of the tips you have. The AirPods Pro usually comes with the medium one on.
The large and small tips are in the box.
2. Make sure the letter on the silicone tips aligns with the black vent behind the pods.
3. If it’s not aligned, turn the tips till they do. You should hear a click when it’s in place.
4. To put the AirPods Pro in your ear, pull your ear backwards then upwards. Repeat for the other ear.
5. Once you have them in your ear, run the Ear Tip Fit Test.
First, go to BLUETOOTH and then SETTINGS on your iOS device.
6. In the list of devices, select the info button next to your AirPods.
7. Next, click Ear Tip Fit Test.
If you don’t see that option, you most likely do not have the iOS version 13.2 or later. Try to upgrade.
8. Select CONTINUE and hit the play button at the bottom of the screen.
The test might suggest trying a different ear tip or adjusting the ones you have on.
You can do that.
Otherwise, you’ll get green checkmarks that indicate you’ve unlocked the proper way to wear AirPods Pro.
ALSO READ: How to Make Your iPhone Run Faster: 15 Amazing Tips
How to change ear tips
In case your first test attempt wasn’t a success, try the other sizes of ear tips. You need to get this right.
Getting the fit right unlocks the potential of the AirPods Pro.
The sound will be adequately sealed in, noise locked out and modified.
You’ll literally be able to hear the experience you’ve missed out on.
For your next attempt, here’s how to remove and attach ear tips.
1. With your fingers, pull the tip of the ear tip firmly till it comes off.
It might seem like you’re about to rip it, but you won’t. No worries there.
2. To attach, place the ear tip on the oval-shaped connector on the AirPod.
Place your fingers at the base of the tip and push it on the connector. You’ll hear a click once it sits firmly.
If all three tips still don’t get green checks, we suggest doing one of three things.
- Using different sizes of tips for both AirPods.
- Getting extra small AirPods Pro tips.
- Getting AirPods Pro memory foam tips. You can remove the hard plastic core of the memory tips.
You’ll have just the foam now. Line the foam under the actual tips of your AirPods Pro.
It’ll give it some cushioning effect and should make it more comfortable.
ALSO READ: How to Tell if Your Phone is Tapped or Being Monitored: 9 Surefire Signs
How to use AirPods Pro
Now that your AirPods Pro is sitting pretty in your ears, you can properly experience them.
To ensure you’re getting the best, here’s a short guide on how to use them:
1. Go to your Home Screen.
2. Open your Airpods Pro case close to your phone.
3. Once the setup information appears, hit CONNECT.
4. After the next three screens, you’ll be guided to set up Hey Siri.
5. Hit DONE.
To begin controlling your device, follow these steps:
1. Press the stem of the Airpods Pro to play and pause your audio.
2. To skip forward, double press the stem.
3. To skip back, triple press the stem.
Press and hold the stem, also known as the force sensor, to switch between Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode.
ALSO READ: How to Find Missing AirPods Case (And AirPods, of Course)
We’ve detailed all the possible ways to wear AirPods Pro properly.
Once you follow all of them through, you should be able to wear them with comfort.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login