Apple has rereleased a new update, iOS 15.0.2, iPadOS 15.0.2, respectively, for its iPhone and iPad users.
The release came after it did some important bug fixes.
The bug includes a security flaw which Apple says it can’t disclose until the investigation is complete.
Though an anonymous researcher had mentioned that the security bug, CVE-2021-30883, can take over your device through the exploitation of IOMobileFrameBuffer.
Apple has advised that users can update to the new iOS to enable the changes on their device and utmost security.
The iPhone maker also included some new features like ‘Find my.’
What does Apple say about the new release?
Apple has highlighted some changes to your mobile and iPad devices after you may have updated it.
The changes include:
- Bug fixes on your phone.
- AirTag may not appear at the ‘Find my’ tab.
- Photos that are saved from messages on your device would be automatically removed after the message is deleted.
- iPhone leather wallet with MagSafe may not be able to connect to ‘Find my.’
- Device update or restore might fail when you are using ‘Find my.’
How to update iOS 15 and iPadOS 15
All you need to do is follow the steps below.
- After you see a notification that says an update is available, click on install now.
- Or you can choose to install later or install tonight.
However, if you do not see the notification, follow the steps below.
- Go to the device setting of your iPhone.
- Before thinking of updating, make sure your files are properly backed up to avoid losing them.
- Then in settings, go to “General” and the “Software Update.”
- From there, you will see the two updates for you to select from.
- Choose the latest version of iOS.
- Then tap on “Install Now” to install the update.
Going back to the fourth step, if you happen not to see the update, you can update manually through your computer.
The new version update is coming after Apple announced the release of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 a few weeks ago.
The company launched beta testing, and so there was likely bugs in the version.
Beta testing is mostly released to aid the creation of new updates.
So, most times, it is advisable not to download updates until it is fully released.
This is as seen in the launch of iOS 14; several people had issues with their phones after updating it.
However, few weeks after iOS 15, Apple released iOS 15.0.1 and iPadOS 15.0.1.
This was to fix an update where people couldn’t use their Apple watch to access their iPhone 13 while wearing a mask.
Still in beta testing, with the update, Apple released the SharePlay feature.
The feature supports adding a vaccination card to your Apple wallet and new iPhone 13 camera features.
Implication for you
Considering what the update is, it would only matter if you use Apple devices.
If you use Apple products, iPhone or iPad, you can update your devices to iOS 15.0.2 and iPadOS 15.0.2.
Also, following the steps above, you would successfully update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS 15.
By doing this, you can access the new features and be kept secured from bugs.
Fintech/Cryptocurrency4 weeks ago
Bitcoin Price Falls Below $40K As Crypto Markets Lost $80 Billion
AI/IoT2 weeks ago
MTN, Airtel, Glo, Other Telecom Operators Plan 40% Hike On Calls, SMS Tariffs
Cyber Security2 weeks ago
Hackers Force 44% Of Nigerian Companies To Pay Ransom – Report
News2 days ago
Buffalo Shooter, Payton Gendron Kills 10 Blacks While Livestreaming On Twitch
Business2 weeks ago
Gucci Now Accepting Cryptocurrency Payments At Select US Stores
Business1 week ago
Infinix Hot12 and Free Fire: A Fast and Fun Experience Reloaded
Features23 hours ago
Here’s What You Don’t Know About ASUU Strike
Features1 week ago
You Can Now Conduct WhatsApp Poll