Can’t Access Your PDF File? 4 Ways To Open PDF Files
Portable Document Format, popularly known as PDF, is used to create and share important documents.
Many people are looking for ways to share their documents in intact format.
And PDF is one of the secure ways to do so.
They keep your document intact regardless of the operating system or the software that the system uses.
Also, with trends like the NFTs, many people are looking for ways to preserve the originality of their documents.
NFT are non-fungible tokens; they are unique and one of a kind.
So if messed with, it might not be considered original anymore.
Anything digital can be sold as NFTs.
ALSO READ: What You Can Sell As NFTs
You do not have to worry about anything messing with your document using a PDF.
However, because it is a one of its kind file opener, it requires special software to make it open.
Once you have the right software, you are good to go.
Nearly any device you will be using would be able to open a PDF file.
This article will show you how to open PDF on any device and some common software used in opening PDF files.
However, you should know that Adobe Acrobat Reader is the most common way to open your PDF file on all devices.
It is a free app that can be installed on smartphones, computers, or laptops.
How to open a PDF File
We would start by showing you how to open a PDF file on your mobile device.
Opening PDF files on your mobile, whether Android or iOS, could be exhausting.
However, there are ways you can do so that would simplify the whole process and make it less tiring.
Although some devices already come with software that can open a PDF file, others don’t.
If you fall into the category of those people who don’t, here is how you can access your PDF file on your mobile device.
How to open PDF on Android
To find out if your Android phone is enabled to open a PDF file, follow the steps below.
- Choose the file in your file manager.
- After doing that, any PDF opener would appear with choices for you to open the PDF file.
- You select any one of your choices, and the file opens.
It could be Google PDF, Drive PDF viewer, Kindle or others.
Although, you should know that some options only allow you to view PDF files.
However, if you are looking for a better option, you should consider Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To use Adobe, follow the step below.
- The first step is to download Adobe Acrobat Reader from your app store.
- Then you install the app.
- Open your file manager and choose the PDF file you want to access.
- The Adobe Acrobat Reader would be amongst the option used in accessing the file.
How to open PDF on iOS
If you were using an iOS device and were sent a PDF file to access, you can open it.
iOS comes with an in-built PDF reader that helps you open PDF files.
This is regardless of whether the PDF file was downloaded online or PDF sent to your mail.
Once you tap on the PDF file, it opens through the PDF reader that comes with iOS.
However, you can choose to use an alternative PDF opener like Adode.
- Download and install the PDF reader apps of your choice.
- Click on the PDF file you want to open.
- Tap the Open PDF menu and select from the PDF readers’ options.
- Click on the option, and then you can view the PDF file.
Still using the PDF reader you downloaded, follow the steps in case the PDF file comes through a mail.
- You will click on the Share button of the file in your mail.
- After, it would display a list of readers apps you downloaded that you can select from.
- Select on the app you want to open the file.
If the PDF came from online (safari), follow the steps below.
- Once you have downloaded the PDF file, click ‘Open with’.
- It would pop out some options of reader apps you can select from.
- Select the app you want to use to open the PDF file.
How to open PDF on Windows
Like for mobile phones, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader to access files on your Windows computer.
Although, some Windows versions, like Windows 8, come with a PDF reader.
The first step to using Adobe Reader on the Windows system is downloading and installing the software.
Follow the steps below to download and install Adobe Acrobat Software.
- Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or Google play store.
- After clicking download, the website would display some things for you to complete and install.
- During installation, some instructions would come along that you should follow.
Once this process is done, you can now open your PDF file on Windows.
- Go to the File menu or manager.
- Please search for the file and click on it.
- Several options, including Adobe software, will pop up, and if it is only the Adobe option you have, only that will pop up.
- Click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon, and then the PDF file opens for your view.
Another way you can do this is to open a PDF file from the PDF file reader.
This could work on any device.
- Go to the PDF file reader.
- At the left side of the top of the screen of the software program, click on the File menu option and select open.
- Browse through the location by providing the name of the PDF file.
- Select the file once it pops up and click the open button to open the file.
How to open a PDF file on MacBook
To open PDF on your Macbook, you should know that they come with Preview, a tool that can open PDF and a variety of other files.
It allows you to read PDF files, but you can not edit them.
However, if you do not want to use Preview, you can choose to download a PDF reader program.
Once you have downloaded the new PDF reader, follow the steps below.
- Select the PDF file you want to open
- On the fie menu, select the ‘Get info’ option.
- It brings more options where you click on ‘Open with.’
- Select the name of the file reader you are opening the PDF with.
- You should know if the PDF file requires a password, request the password from the owner of the file to open the PDF file.
- Once you’ve gotten the password, you can access the app.
Some of these files might require passwords, especially if they are very important.
So you might need to request a password.
You could also consider using book reader apps like Kindle.
You can easily access your PDF files through the app.
Implication for you reading
Hopefully, you have learned how to open your PDF file.
You should know that once you install a PDF reader on your system, it automatically becomes an option for your PDF to open.
And if the reader app is the only option available, it defaults as the PDF reader on your system.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login