Many of us neglect to clean our ear canals, which accumulate dirt. After several uses of your AirPods, it begins to change colour. Sometimes, you see a brownish substance, ear wax on the AirPods mesh. It can be disgusting, and with this, many people find it hard to share their AirPods. To avoid the irritating look you would get, this article will enlighten you on how to clean your AirPods.
AirPods are wireless earbuds produced by Apple. It was created for iPhone or iPad users to connect with whenever they want to listen to audios.
Since the time of its release, it has been on demand. As many people love that they can listen to sounds without the inconveniences of wires.
Airpods are not just limited to Apple devices but also used by non-Apple devices. In fact, that has broadened its usage.
If you are using AirPods, you may have been wondering how to clean your Airpods to make them look good as new.
When Business Insider took 22 pairs of earbuds in 2019 to get tested for bacteria, it had incubated for three days.
After, the biologist found that two samples had grown yeast on it. And another one developed a kind of bacteria that is associated with dirt.
Although the research did not include AirPods, it’s in your best interest to make them clean, as they also carry fungus and bacterias.
The result of the research brings us to the fact that AirPods should be cared for as we take care of other things about us.
Like you do your laundry and clean your surroundings, AirPods, earphones need the same treatment.
They also get dirty, especially when worn regularly.
One common problem earbuds users can associate with is the issue of ear wax.
The ear canal is where ear wax is. Ear wax is naturally produced by a waxy oil that helps prevent the ear from dust, particles and microorganisms.
Due to the use of AirPods plugged into the ear canal, the wax gets unto the speaker and makes it look dirty.
Here is how to deal with that!
How to clean AirPods ear wax
According to Business Insider, to clean the AirPods ear wax with a microfiber cloth might not produce the desired result.
That is, you can dig out waxes or debris from the mesh speaker of an AirPod with a pointed item.
To help prevent the dirt from entering into the speaker.
Another idea is the use of other household items that could work.
They include ‘a lock-picking tool, a SIM removal tool, one side of a pair of tweezers, or a small flat-head screwdriver.’
Regular use of the earbuds attracts all forms of dirt and bacteria to AirPods. Here is how to deal with it.
How to clean your AirPods and AirPod Pro
Apple suggests that these are the best ways to clean your Airpods and AirPod Pro.
When we speak of the best way, we mean the appropriate way to take care of your AirPod.
- Don’t run your AirPods under the water.
- Always clean with a soft, dry cotton cloth. Like a towel or napkin
- If liquids like bleach, perfume, lotion, shampoo, acid, and any other substance come in contact with your AirPods or AirPods Pro:
- Wipe it gently with fresh water and a dry linen
- Allow it to dry completely before placing it back in the case.
- Try not to use it until it is dry.
- Try not to get any liquid in the opening, especially.
- Clean the speaker and microphone meshes with dry cotton. Those are the places most of the wax accumulates.
- Don’t use abrasive materials to clean your AirPods and AirPod Pro.
How to clean your AirPods case
AirPod’s case is a wireless charging case that helps in charging AirPods. You place the AirPod in the case laying it on a Qi-compatible charging mat.
Apple has suggested ways for cleaning your AirPod charging case. They include:
- Clean it with a soft, dry cloth. You can also dampen the cloth with isopropyl alcohol. Try to avoid liquid entering into the charging case so it won’t affect the charging ports.
- Remove any debris from the Lightning connector with a clean cloth or brush.
- Don’t use abrasive materials to clean the charging case.
- Don’t put anything in the charger port to prevent the metal contact from spoiling.
ALSO READ: A Guide To Using The Best EQ For Airpods
Are AirPods water resistant?
Well, according to Apple, not all AirPods are water-resistant.
If you are using AirPods Pro, your AirPods are water and sweat resistant but not waterproof.
They were not designed for use in the shower or at the pool.
After or during activities, there is a tendency of sweat or water coming in contact with it.
Before putting them back in their cases, wipe them dry with a soft dry cloth. Try not to use heat air to make it dry.
For the 1st and 2nd generation of AirPods, they are neither waterproof nor water-resistant. So they should try to avoid liquid from entering any opening.
How to keep your AirPods Pro long-lasting
AirPod Pro is resistant to water and sweat, but it doesn’t mean its long term. Over time, they begin to diminish and change in condition.
The following are things to note to avoid damage to AirPod Pro:
- Do not place them under running water.
- Do not swim with or while wearing it.
- Also, do not put in a washing machine or dryer.
- Do not use in a steamy room or hot temperature room.
- Try to avoid dropping AirPods
- If you expose it to any form of liquid, quickly dry with a soft, dry cloth
How to clean the ear tips of your AirPods Pro
Every AirPod Pro comes with ear tips. It could be small, medium, large silicone ear tips that should fit with your ear canal correctly.
With the perfect ear tip size, you get the best sound quality.
Apple suggests the best ways to clean the ear tip of your AirPod Pro:
- Pull off the ear tips from each AirPod and rinse each ear tip with water. You don’t have to use soap or any other cleaning agent.
- Tap your AirPod on a soft, dry, lint-free cloth with the ear tip facing downwards. It helps to remove accumulated water in the ear tip.
- Wipe the ear tips with a soft, dry cloth. You should make sure they are dry before attaching them back to each AirPod.
- Click the ear tips back to the AirPods. Make sure they align them before reattaching them.
In conclusion, with these steps, your AirPods would always look neat as long as you care for it regularly.
How-tos4 weeks ago
A Guide To Using The Best EQ For Airpods
Entertainment4 weeks ago
Netflix Meets A Speed Bump After High Subscription Rate In Q2
News4 weeks ago
Investment Expert Warns Against Clampdown On Social Media, Says Move Will Create Massive Unemployment
Business/Startups2 weeks ago
INTERVIEW: High-Speed Internet, Increased Roll-Out Of Smartphones A Major Boost For Ride-Hailing Business – Pickmeup
News3 weeks ago
Twitter Users Say #NoToSocialMediaBill After Northern Governors’ Meeting
Cars1 week ago
Hyundai Kona EV: Many Questions Around Nigeria’s First Electric Car
Mobile3 weeks ago
OPPO A93 Review: Premium Design, Great Battery Life
Business/Startups2 weeks ago
JumiaPay: Everything You Need To Know