The facebook-owned messaging app has reportedly been working on a multiple-device support feature. If achieved, the update will also allow users to sync their chats across various devices.
News of Whatsapp creating support for multiple devices, has been making the rounds for months. Although Facebook is still silent about it, more details of the update have reached us.
WABetaInfo reported that Whatsapp has been building a multiple support feature, alongside a separate iPad app. And WABetaInfo is renowned for its accurate reveals of Whatsapp updates ahead of public releases.
According to the source, unlike the current ‘Whatsapp web’ connectivity, these multiple devices will operate independently. This means users won’t have to connect to a reference phone without being disconnected.
Also, the update will reportedly support chat history sync. This will reduce the possibility of losing chats.
Currently, there is no fixed date or period for the upcoming update. However, considering that a new iPad is expected during Apple’s October launch, Whatsapp may eventually follow suit.
If the report pulls through, it will mark the next most significant upgrade since it released the in-app payment feature.
The Facebook-owned app currently boasts over 2 billion users, and such an update could increase its user base.
While you await the update, here’s a summary of how to use Whatsapp Web Version.
On your mobile
1. Open to your mobile Whatsapp.
2. Go to your settings (for iOS). Tap on the Whatsapp web option.
3. Tap on the menu icon at the right top side of your display (for Android). Afterwards, Tap on the Whatsapp web option.
4. Once you do the above, tap the ‘+’ icon at the right top corner of the phone (Android).
5. For iOS, Tap on the ‘Scan QR Code’ option.
6. Scan the QR Code that is displayed on wait for the system to recognize it.
7. Start enjoying the platform on the web.
On your desktop
1. Open a new tab and type the URL: web.whatsapp.com.
2. You will come across a screen with three instructions, alongside a barcode.
3. Point your phone camera and complete the instruction #6 above.
4. Enjoy your chat on both devices.
Note that you must stay connected to the internet on both devices for the Whatsapp web connectivity to work.